Big Fresh Green Crunchy + Herby Salad With Jalapeno Green Goddess
Sometimes it’s just about a big, bright green salad with a bold dressing. Feel free to add in any fresh produce you like—grated carrot, fresh tomatoes and peppers will do well here. The ideal light lunch full of greens, healthy fats from avocado, seeds, and olive oil.
JALAPENO GREEN GODDESS DRESSING
- 2 cups of herbs: parsley, dill, mint, and cilantro.
- 3 Tbsp. chopped chives
- 1-2 fresh jalapeño, seeds removed, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tsp. capers
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup of cashew yogurt
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- A big pinch of nutritional yeast
- Juice of 1 lemon
SALAD INGREDIENTS (Serves Two)
- 3 cups of chopped romaine
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- ½ a shallot, shaved
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 zucchini, shaved on a mandolin and chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, shaved on a mandolin
- A handful of parsley leaves
Seed crackers, broken up into crouton-sized pieces.
- Make the Jalapeño Green Goddess: combine everything together in a blender until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Toss the salad ingredients into a bowl and add enough of the dressing to coat. You’ll have leftover dressing, save that for later.
- Serve the salad with toasted seedy crackers broken up on top, for crunch.