Cauliflower Shawarma Wrap
Delicata squash and cauliflower are roasted with warming shawarma spices and drizzled with a zingy, creamy green sauce.
- Buy a whole cauliflower to make our Harissa Cauliflower Steaks, this is a great way to use up the rest of the florets.
- Shawarma spice blends are available from any good supermarket, we used one from WholeFoods for this recipe!
1 hour 15 minutes (including marinating time)
- 1 delicata squash, halved, with seeds removed and chopped.
- ½ a cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 Tbsp. shawarma spice
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil.
Green Tahini Sauce
- ½ cup vegan yogurt
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ cup loosely packed parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- Lemon juice, salt and pepper
Chopped tomatoes, shaved red onion, parsley, fresh lemon wedges
- Toss the squash, cauliflower, onion and garlic in a large bowl with the shawarma spice and oil. Season generously with salt and pepper and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400. Roast for 30 minutes or until starting to caramelize, stirring the vegetables halfway through to allow for even browning.
- While the vegetables are cooking, make the green tahini sauce by blending all ingredients until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve shawarma in romaine cups with chopped tomato, red onion, and drizzle with the green sauce.