Chickpea “Tuna” Salad Wrap Recipe
A plant based and cleanse-friendly take on a classic tuna sandwich. Loaded with good fats, protein and crunch while adding hemp seeds to boosts omega-3s. Serve on grain-free wraps (we used almond flour wraps) or unprocessed sprouted bread. This is also great with a couple of tomatoes, sprouts, or grated carrots thrown into the sandwich. Don’t skip the avocado-based mayo!
- 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained.
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ a red onion, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely shaved
- 2 Tbsp. chopped pickles
- Zest and juice of half a lemon
- 1 sheet roasted nori, crumbled
- 1 jalapeño, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- ¼ cup toasted pepitas, for garnish.
- Chilli flakes to taste
- Grain free wraps (we used almond) or whole grain sprouted toast.
- Butter lettuce
- Avocado oil based mayonnaise
- In a bowl combine the chickpeas, avocado, onion, celery, pickles, hemp seeds, lemon zest and juice, crumbled nori, and mash together with a fork. Season well with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread grain-free wraps or sprouted toast with avocado oil based mayo. Top with lettuce, and add the chickpea avocado salad on top.
- Garnish with toasted pepitas, chilli flakes, sliced jalapeño and extra lemon.