Chopped Artichoke Salad With Basil Walnut Dressing
High protein! Many textures! Tons of flavor. This a simple, Italian-inspired salad combining fresh, juicy tomatoes with umami-rich sundried tomatoes, protein-rich chickpeas, meaty artichokes and roasted red peppers. Drawing mostly from pantry staples and jarred ingredients, it comes together fast for a quick and easy lunch.
- 2 cups of grape or roma tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup olive-oil marinated artichoke quarters
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 roasted red peppers from a jar, chopped
- 2 big sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, chopped
- ¼ red onion, diced or sliced finely on a mandolin
- 1-2 cups arugula
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 Tbsp. wholegrain mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup herbs (we used basil, parsley, and mint leaves)
- ⅓ cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- Make the dressing by combining all ingredients in a blender and blitzing until mostly smooth. You can also chop the herbs and walnuts finely and combine into a bowl. Set aside.
- Combine all the salad ingredients into a separate bowl, then toss with enough dressing to coat. Salt and pepper to taste.